McGaugh Military Families
Dear McGaugh Elementary School Families,
We are overjoyed to extend a warm welcome as we embark on a new journey at McGaugh Elementary School in Seal Beach, California! We encourage you to explore our school's vibrant and supportive atmosphere, where your child will have the opportunity to thrive academically and socially. Our website offers valuable insights into our curriculum, a multitude of extracurricular activities, and ways for parents to actively participate in their child's education. If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to joining forces to guarantee a successful and enriching educational journey for your family.
What is a Military-Connected Student?
Military families face unique struggles because of transfers, deployments, separations and other transitions that may occur frequently. McGaugh Elementary recognizes these struggles and strives to empower children of military parents, with the leadership and life skills they need to thrive.
As our Vision Statement proclaims, our entire staff is committed to inspiring every student to be excellent. We are proud of our high-achieving students, our talented and dedicated teachers, and our exemplary academic, art, and special education programs. We are also proud of our community partnerships with both Seal Beach PD as well as our military liaisons and families.
- P.E.A.C.E. Week - September 18 - 22, 2023
- McGaugh Carnival - October 21, 2023
- Red Ribbon Week - October 23 - 27, 2023
- Red Ribbon Rally Day - October 25, 2023
- Veteran's Day Flag Deck -
- Month of the Military Child - April
- Week of the Military Child Flag Deck
- Fitness Friday
- Fun Friday's
- Memorial Day Observed - May 27, 2024
- Suggested Checklist for School Moves
- Courage to Call 24/7 Helpline (877) 698-7838
- Department of Defense Educational Activity operates school worldwide for the children of Department of Defense military and civilian families.
- Financial Management for Military Families Financial planning assistance at no expense to Military families
- FOCUS (Families Overcoming Under Stress)
- FOCUS provides resiliency training for Marine and Sailors families facing the challenge of a family member’s deployment.
- MilitaryINSTALLATIONS can help you find information about duty stations and local resources like installation overviews, contacts for programs and services, check-in procedures and community information for installations worldwide.
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, world-wide organization, whose work is focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for all military children affected by mobility, family separation, and transition.
- Military Kids Connect
- Military One Source
- MilitaryOneSource is a 24/7/365 information and referral service available via toll-free telephone and Internet access. A personal and family readiness tool, Military OnSource extends the existing family support system. Programs provided are especially beneficial to those geographically separated from installation services or those unable to seek assistance during traditional working hours.
- My Military Life is an app that guides families through topics such as going back to school, planning for a deployment or transitioning out of the military, etc.
- Operation Bigs - Mentoring program for military families. Phone (619) 218-3335.
- Operation Homefront is non-profit organization providing a hand up to military families in their time of need.