Mission and Vision
The J.H. McGaugh School Vision is to create a truly exceptional school where the highest levels of academic and artistic achievement are reached by every student. We aspire to have the strongest academic program, the most outstanding arts program, and the best special programs in California.
The J. H. McGaugh School Mission is to provide ALL students with an engaging and challenging learning environment which enables them to become high achieving, responsible, and productive citizens of our world.
Working as a partnership, the McGaugh staff is committed to developing the academic, artistic, social-emotional, and physical well-being of ALL children. We believe that ALL students can learn at elevated levels when there are high expectations, rigorous standards, and caring, involved teachers. As educators, we work together to constantly refine and improve our teaching practices, monitor student achievement, and differentiate instruction based on individual student needs. We actively engage our parents and community in our efforts to make McGaugh an exceptional place for students to learn.
McGaugh students will:
- Achieve academic excellence in English-Language Arts, Mathematics, and the Sciences.
- Understand, appreciate, and actively participate in the fine arts.
- Be critical and creative thinkers, demonstrate effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, and be able to take risks and learn from experience.
- Act with integrity and compassion and be able to recognize and appreciate individual differences.
- Demonstrate strong and effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess self-esteem, self-discipline, and the courage to stand up for what is right.